The player only plays one song ONCE, and then you have to pick the next. Snaps for choices!
[Oh yeah, running of ActiveX controls required and apologies to non-IE users.]

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Presentation. Met.

I wish I could forget everything that has happened today.

My presentation for my research paper went well. The presentation went well. What didn't go well was the Q&A. Of course, I shouldn't complain. I did get comments such as "organized" and "thorough" but I guess the shock of how my research was received is what got to me.

I was on the stand for 20 minutes. It should have been over in 10. But it wasn't. The questions kept coming. I felt like I was in the middle of the ocean, a large rock tied to one of my ankles, and I was struggling for air, struggling to stay on the surface. I am pretty sure at more than one point, I shouted. I had the answers to the questions. I just couldn't figure out why people seemed to be attacking me. Maybe that's just my persecution complex talking.

After that horrendous experience, Andy picked me up and we headed out to Steven's place to meet up before going to the Met. I got motion sickness, which was awful. And I was no fun. Andy was no fun either since he was worried about me. And I now realize I've become one of those annoying girlfriends who spoil the fun. Yep. I'm now officially a fun-sucker.

Oi.

If it weren't for Andy, this day would have been a total mess. He was optimistic about today's presentation. He held my hand throughout the car and Met experience, drove like a grandpa on trip back. He's awesome.

I just wish he was around. That way, this day could end with one of the few people that make everyday worth living...

Labels:


kitten posted @ 9:54 PM

Navigate by clicking
[<3] for stuff about me
[links] for the links
[tag] for shout-outs
[stats] to see the stat counter

As we cannot do as we will, we will do as we can.

-Yugoslavian proverb
<3
links
tag
stats